Largest inventory of genuine medicine
AA Pharmacy has been the leading affordable healthcare provider in Malaysia since 1999. We strive to provide GENUINE products at the most competitive price in accordance
We now proudly launch our latest campaign “Largest Inventory of Genuine Medicine”, in responsibility to create awareness and educate consumers on combating counterfeit products. We aim to educate consumers through various approaches such as posters and educational materials being distributed in all AA outlets. The relevant information will also be made available on our website and mobile app for easy accessibility. Furthermore, all our staffs will be trained to guide consumers efficiently. We always provide
- We only purchase and sell genuine medicines/products from legitimate sources.
- We comply with guidelines by the Ministry of Health, Pharmacy Division in terms of Good Dispensing Practice, Good Storage Practice
andGood Distribution Practice.
- We have
pharmaciston site throughout our operating hours.
- GENUINE MEDICINE – 100%
- quality PRODUCTS – 100%
- Professional services- 100%
Is Your Drug Genuine?
COUNTERFEIT = UNREGISTERED
According to the World Health Organization (WHO),
Drugs in Malaysia
In Malaysia, all types of pharmaceutical products NOT registered under the division of Drug Control Authority (DCA) by National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) are considered as COUNTERFEIT. Unregistered drug/product is a silent killer as it may bring damage to human’s well-being. Counterfeit products might be
Registered Product in Malaysia
Product that need to be registered²
- All pharmaceutical products containing scheduled poison
- Over-the-counter (OTC) products
- Traditional medicines
- Health supplements
- Veterinary products
Why must be registered²?
- All products must pass the product testing for any traces of heavy metals exceeding the safety limit and microbial limit test, ensuring
- To ensure the quality of
productby complying toGood Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- To ensure the efficacy of the product is supported by scientific researches/toxicology studies/animal studies.
How to check
is the product registered2,5,6
All registered products will have to display their approved MAL number and
A valid MAL registration number must fulfill the following criteria:
- Starts with MAL
- Followed by 8 number digits
- Ends with an alphabet which indicates the category of product (A for controlled medicines, X for OTC, T for traditional medicines and lastly N for supplements)
Meditag hologram has been implemented since 2005. However, there are fake
How to differentiate counterfeit
meditag hologram from genuine hologram?
Example of adultered productcs not registered with MOH (source from Cawangan Penguatkuasaan Farmasi Kelantan)
- Meditag decoder is provided by
Ministryof Health to all pharmacies
- Meditag checker app is available for
smart phoneusers for easy verification (refer pic #)Consumer can also check the product registration on NPRA official website http://npra.moh.gov.my using their QUEST3+ search system.
TIPS TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE
How to buy the right and genuine medicine?
- It is important to know your medicines/ supplements.
- Only purchase your health products and medicines from reputable registered pharmacies.
- Prevent online purchase from overseas as the products are not monitored and checked by Ministry of Health for its safety and efficacy.
- Beware! Consuming unregistered health products or medicines might cause acute/chronic damage to your body organs and it might be irreversible.
- Report to Pharmacy Enforcement Division at 03-78413387 or www.pharmacy.gov.my if you encounter any unregistered product.
- Zulkifli NW, Aziz NA, Hassan Y, Hassali MA,
BahrinNAZ, Ahmad A. Are We on the Right Track?: Overview of Unregistered Drugs in Malaysia. J Pharm Pract Community Med. 2016;2(4):107-115.
- Product Registration. (2015, July 24) Retrieved from http://npra.moh.gov.my/index.php/faq/product-registration
- Datuk Dr Noor Hisham bin Abdullah. Unregistered medicines valued at RM 830, 663 seized in Malaysia during Operation PANGEA VIII 2015. (2015, June 23). Retrieved from https://www.pharmacy.gov.my/v2/en/news/23-jun-2015/unregistered-medicines-valued-rm-830-663-seized-malaysia-during-operation-pangea-viii-2015.html
- Risk of purchasing medications via Internet. (2015, November 19). Retrieved from https://www.pharmacy.gov.my/v2/en/content/risk-purchasing-medications-internet.html
- Alia Mior. (2017, December 13). New Straits Times. Keeping fake products off the shelves with high-tech labels. Retrieved from https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017/12/314002/keeping-fake-products-shelves-high-tech-labels
- Tan SC. (2017, December 29) How do you know your drug is legit? Just use this app. Star 2. Retrieved from https://www.star2.com/health/wellness/2017/12/29/how-do-you-know-your-drug-is-legit-just-use-this-app/
- Senarai Produk Dikesan Mengandungi Bahan Terlarang Yang Diterima Melalui Pelaporan Kesan Sampingan Ubat. (2017, February 2). Retrieved from http://npra.moh.gov.my/index.php/recent-updates/adulterated-products-unregistered